Let Your Personality and Dreams Shine Through a Vision Board
Visualization, according to the book the Secret, is one of the most powerful mind exercises you can do. "The law of attraction is forming your entire life experience and it is doing that through your thoughts. When you are visualizing, you are emitting a powerful frequency out into the Universe." Athletes use this tactic before games, surgeons before surgeries and rock stars use it before big shows. It really does work in helping keep focus on our goals and things that are important to us!
The board should be designed to help you focus your process of our journeys, not the results! For example, Psychology Today talks about how students who were asked to spend time imagining how great it would feel to perform well on an exam did worse than those students who instead visualized their study process and those who did not visualize at all.Life is about the journey, so make sure you enjoy it and put your best foot forward!
Here are some things you'll need to start off:
1) A cork board or poster board that you can pin/glue the images on.
3) Magazines, newsletters, print outs, photos
4) Inspirational words and images you want to look at every day, be it quotes, photos, postcards, powerful words
5) Glue or pins - whatever you need to help stick your images to your backrop
1) Take a mental inventory of your goals. Handwriting your goals will help with achieving them!
2) Go through the magazines and images that speak to positive emotions. Choose words and visuals that jump out to you because it reminds you of a particular moment in your life or it inspires you to create a goal of where you want to be. You can have images from past events that speak to you, or trinkets that, even if they seem irrelevant to your passions, remind you of a motivating or postive energy that you just want to keep around.
3) Have fun. Combine words and images together to create it's own idea that makese sense to YOU. Some people choose to put descriptive phrases that sum up their personality while others put up empowering stories that describe where they want to be. This is your chance to reach into yourself and figure it out!
4) Leave your vision board in a place where you can see it every day. The idea is that the more you see it, the more likely you will accomplish what you have on it. Committ to viewing this vision board every day, as the contents will help you focus on what matters to you in the midst of our busy lives.
A Vision Board is key to helping you push yourself towards your ideal path. It gives the opportunity to think about yourself: your goals, visions, plans, dreams, hopes, aspiration... anything you want that defines who you are and where you want to be! Nowadays, us human beings rarely find time to be with ourselves without distractions. There are no rules - no right or wrong way to do it. However, the more you let your vision board be a personal reflection on how you want to feel in life and not just focused on material things you want, the more likely these images will become true. LET YOUR PERSONALITY SHINE THROUGH.